Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More Portal

I'll try not to mention this too often as I've always tried to post an interesting variety of things on this blog rather sticking to one particular subject. However level creation for Portal 2 is my main personal side project at the moment so it's bound to come up a few more times. Especially on days like today when I don't have anything else in mind to talk about.

I've not spent a huge amount of time using Valve's Hammer Editor yet. The majority of the time has been spent reading documents and tutorials to get an idea of the features of which it is capable. I posted a picture of my first box room a few days ago and not a lot has changed since then. However I do know a lot more now about things like triggers and logic relays. One thing I have now learnt and added is custom animated textures, which I have used for the test chamber sign you can see below.

No comments:

Post a Comment