Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Duke Gold

If you had said this only a year ago you would have been laughed at, but Duke Nukem Forever has gone gold! After so many years in development no-one ever expected to see it after 3D Realms went under. However Gearbox stepped in and finally finished it off. I wonder who they're going to market the game too after all this time. Anyone who can remember playing the last game when it came out will now be pushing 30. I'll always have a soft spot for Duke Nukem 3D as it was the first game I ever released a custom map for. I didn't even have a website at that point, I was just giving floppy disks to my friends. So now the new game has finally gone gold I have pre-ordered my copy of the fancy special edition. Of course there's still a chance the game will turn out to be rubbish, but it will always be a major story in gaming history.

No comments:

Post a Comment