Monday, May 2, 2011

Moments of Gaming (April 2011)

It's hard to believe that I've been doing this for a year already. This is the 13th episode of Moments of Gaming (12th on You Tube). It would take nearly 2 hours to watch them altogether now. Last month I said that I'd save the new Mass Effect 2 DLC for April and I expected that would be the main focus of this video. That ended up not being the case and in fact I didn't play any Mass Effect 2 at all and I've still not bought the new DLC. I never really settled on one particular game this month so there's quite a variety in this video. That was until Portal 2 was released which I had forgotten was coming out quite so soon. So the main features of this video ended up being Portal 2 and a game called Trine, which I don't think I've mentioned on here before. I don't remember why but I never did a first impressions post for Trine, something else more important must have come up. It's quite a long video this month as I try to fit everything in and there was still so much footage that I left out. The biggest problem I had this month was with volume levels. There seemed to be more difference between the records of each game than the usually is. I must have changed a setting at some point or something. I've done something else new this month too. I've used You Tube's annotation feature to put notes on the screen telling you which game is which for people who haven't played them. It's not part of the original video so you can turn them on/off with the "speech bubble" icon in the bottom right of the video controls.

Watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5NBTeM4dnE

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I liked Sunday's photo, but could not post a comment about that. Hope it works tonight!
    Well, that was brilliant. The first thing that hits me is just how clever you are, to be able to play all these games in the first place. Honestly, to me, all you gamers are so impressive because you can figure out what to do at all. They are complicated enough, just watching them being played! I loved the annotations. I thought that was a wonderful addition which helped me get a lot more out of it, so a big thank you for that.
    I thought you had done a great job on the sound levels, it sounded nice and smooth to me, and the music was good, not too intrusive, as there was a lot of speech this time, but nice and lively.
    And what a variety you had. It is very nice to get this snapshot of your month. I can see why you have been captivated by Portal 2, it looks very complex and intriguing, and even humorous!
    Trine looked attractive, very colourful, and I was trying to place the narrator, thinking, "I'm sure I know that voice." It's not Richard Briers, is it? And Rush was as lovely as a kaleidoscope, all the jolly bouncing sqaures, I liked that one a lot.
    All good stuff! Once again, a very big well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. I figured the annotations would be useful to you. I don't know why I didn't think of those before.

    I just looked up the Trine narrator, but he seems to be a bit of an unknown. Terry Wilton, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3371917/
    I guess he just sounds like somebody.

    ReplyDelete