Friday, August 27, 2010

What To Watch

With 24, Lost & Heroes all ended or cancelled I'm looking for new shows to fill those gaps as the new TV season starts up over the next few weeks. However the worry of early cancellation hangs heavily over all the new shows these days. So many times now have shows I've been following ended abruptly. Angel, Firefly, Deadwood, The 4400, Drive, Heroes, Dollhouse all gone before their time and that's just what immediately comes to mind, I'm sure there are more. That's starting to make me wary of investing in a show from day one now. Unfortunately of the new shows premiering this season nothing has really grabbed my interest yet, other than perhaps the new version of Nikita. This has led to start looking at shows that are not new but that I've not seen yet, in particular Warehouse 13. I've been half following this show for a while trying to decide if I should be watching it or not. It first got my attention because Jane Espenson was on the writing team, but any of the reviews I read only seemed to rate it as average. I got the impression it was another cheap SyFy series that wouldn't last very long. However now it's in season 2, getting great reviews and has been renewed for season 3. It's sounding like something I should be watching again, but I still have that worry in the back of my head, will it last?

1 comment:

  1. I understand your reluctance, there's nothing worse than unfinished stories, and it's a shame that production companies can't commit to a decent number of series before they start. But I suppose it's all about money. It seems as if they get axed right away if they're not immediately successful these days. If it had always been like that, Monty Python would never have become what it was. Shame.

    ReplyDelete