Sunday, August 29, 2010

Live on DVD

I'm not quite sure how it happened but I seem to have bought a lot of live concerts on DVD and BD recently. I guess it started with Maiden's Flight 666 but since then I've bought Annihilator, Nightwish and two old Maiden ones: The Early Years & Live After Death. Finally there's three new ones from Slayer on DVD (which were only on VHS before) and there are more on my Amazon wishlist!. I've just been watching War At The Warfield while doing some work. It's an excellent show. I've seen Slayer live a few times but never as the headline act, it's always been as support or in a larger festival bill. I'll have to fix that one day.

1 comment:

  1. Flight 666 was so good, it must have whetted your appetite! But live concerts that you can actually watch are nearly as good as being there, cheaper too and without the beer spray and tired legs. A whole new dimension from just listening, especially when you get close ups that you'd never see from the audience.

    ReplyDelete