Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Final Frontier

I've only listened to it a couple of times so far but I'm really enjoying the new Iron Maiden album. Something about it makes me want to come back to it again, much more than A Matter Of Life And Death ever did. I've been trying to decide what my favorite track is, I'm still not sure but I think it might be The Man Who Would Be King. It's definitely odd that they released El Dorado as the single, that's nowhere near the best track. However there isn't really an obvious single choice on there. The songs are all long and varied, there is no short and fast one. Nothing like Wildest Dreams or The Wicker Man. I recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this is the blog I have been waiting for, lol. I am very excited that you think it's good and want to hear it again, that sounds promising. Can't wait to hear it. I will try Spotify tomorrow.
    I just listened to A Matter of Life and Death again the other day, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, more than I thought I did. (The 'grumpy men moaning in the pub' song is 'Age Of Innocence' and I think that's on Dance of Death. Must give that another try too!
    Thanks for posting your thoughts, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete