Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Impressions: Worms Reloaded

This game has been a long time coming, I just looked at my CD for Worms: Armageddon and it says ©1998 on it! That was the last proper Worms game in my opinion. There have been numerous attempts to revive the franchise over the years, either in 3D or on consoles but they've never been anywhere as good as the originals. Now finally Worms is back home on PC and in 2D. I've only played for about an hour so far but it's been awesome. It's got the look and feel and of Armageddon era only updated to a higher resolution so it looks great. The sounds and voices are still great too, I suspect some of them may simply be copies of the originals rather the new recordings. It's got the humour, it's got the fun, it's got the same play style and now it's got online multiplayer, leaderboards and achievements too, it's a great package. Oh and you can also make your Worms wear hats! I decided on a nice velvet top hat for my team although I have to admit I nearly went with a Fez because we know Fez's are cool!

1 comment:

  1. I remember you talking about this game years ago! It's very nice that it's come back all updated and that it is still fun. I didn't realise it was so jolly and I imagine some fun pics will find their way into August's Moments of Gaming.

    ReplyDelete