Thursday, August 12, 2010

Superman

I remember always enjoying the Superman films but it's been ages since I've seen any of them. I've had this big DVD box for a while but never got around to watching until now. It has 13 discs including two versions of Superman I and two versions of Superman II along with Superman III, IV, Superman Returns and on top of that 6 discs of bonus features. Where do you start with a set like that? Well I figured I'd start with the original theatrical versions and watched Superman: The Movie last night followed by Superman II this evening. There was a lot in the first film that I actually didn't remember whereas the opposite was true for Superman II so I guess it must have been the second one I saw most when I was young. Like many older films there are some fairly dodgy visual effects which get shown up in extra detail on DVD but for the most part it doesn't spoil the enjoyment. Now my question is do I watch the Richard Donner cut of Superman II next, which I have never seen, or move on to Superman III and come back to that later? I suppose I'll get through them all in the end anyway, I might even manage it before Smallville season 10 starts!

1 comment:

  1. Crumbs, that's a lot to watch - these big box sets give you so much, don't they?
    Glad you're enjoying what you remember and re-discovering what you'd forgotten.

    ReplyDelete