Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Upcoming Films

It occurred to me that there weren't a lot of films coming up that I was looking forward to and wasn't even sure what the summer blockbusters were going to be. I must need to find a better film news site or something because once I did some research I found there were quite a few.

There's three obvious (to me) ones that were already on my list: Iron Man 2, The A-Team and TRON Legacy. All these look like they're going to be great. Though I think at the moment only TRON Legacy has the power to get me to go to the cinema. The others I'll wait for on BD.

Then there's Robin Hood and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, two which I've been vaguely aware of but don't really know much about. I'll probably watch both at some point but I'm not hugely excited for them.

The first one that really caught my interest was Splice. A small sci-fi film which apparently did well at the Sundance Film Festival. It's got David Hewlett in too which is a plus.

How did I not know that Robert Rodriguez was making a new Predator film? For me that's huge news at least I know now. Predators is coming in July and I've not seen any promotion which seems a bit odd, maybe I just missed it somehow. It's got Danny Trejo & Laurence Fishburne and looks like it should be fun.

Obviously Christopher Nolan is now famous for rebooting the Batman franchise but some of his other films are good too such as Memento. Now he's got a new one coming out before the third Batman called Inception. A sci-fi/mystery/thriller thing which should be interesting.

Finally there's Resident Evil: Afterlife coming later in the year. I've seen any enjoyed the previous three so I expect this should be good too. Paul Anderson is back as director too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this run-down, I'm a bit behind on the news, too. Which film news site have you been using, and have you found a better one?
    Like you, I am looking forward to Robin Hood (nervously) - and to Iron Man 2, since you showed me the first one - also the A-Team, just to see what they do with it. The most exciting one is probably Agora.

    ReplyDelete