Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Photo Enhancement

Earlier I was reading an article about HDR photography and it crossed my mind that I should give it a go. I looked up what was needed and found you need multiple shots of the same place with different exposures to do it, which is not some I have lying around. It's something I'll have to consider next time I'm taking photos while out and about. What this did lead to was me messing around in Photoshop looking at some of the editing features I never usually use. Most of the time I'm just using Photoshop to slice images for websites or to create a simple arrow or a button etc. I never really do anything more advanced than that, so I took a recent photo and tried to see what I could do to enhance it while still keeping it realistic looking. Here's a few examples (click to enlarge) the first one is the unedited original.




1 comment:

  1. That's pretty amazing, the effects you can get. And it sure is a good year for dandelions!

    ReplyDelete