Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sins of a Solar Empire

Sins of a Solar Empire is a game which in the past I've never found enough time to play. I played it briefly when it first came out but that was only multiplayer and I never owned my own copy. The game is an interesting RTS which is space based. Having maps with a large number of solar systems to explore gives a lot of room for expansion and tactics but it can also make the game pretty epic in length. This is not a game you can have a quick thirty minutes play on. When playing multiplayer we'd rarely get though a game in a single session which is the main reason I've not played a lot of it. Then a couple of weeks ago I was browsing the Game website looking for something to spend a discount voucher on when I came across a special pack containing this game along with two expansions (which I didn't even know existed). I've started playing it again but I don't really remember many details from the first time around so I'm basically learning it from scratch again. It definitely seems better suited to a single player experience as it's a lot simpler to save and continue later when you don't have to organise people too. As usual I've got too much to play and not enough time so I've not played a lot yet and I've not even touched the expansion content, so I'll leave a full review of the actual game play for some other time.

1 comment:

  1. Sympathise very much with your having so many things to play and not enough time to play them - I have the same problem with books... so much to read, so little time!
    Still, at least when we do have time, we have plenty of choice!

    ReplyDelete