Tuesday, April 13, 2010

On my TV

I found myself lacking a topic for today. Lots of work over the last few days has left me with less free time and the time I have had has been used on things I've already written about. I'm still working my way through Mass Effect 2 and Just Cause 2, I've read all my comics and I've not finished my current book yet. However it occurred to me that one thing I've not written a lot about is TV. So here's a quick run down of what's been on my TV recently.

24
24 for me has never been the best show on TV. It's not the deepest or the most moving, but it's always been entertaining. Now they've decided to end it which is probably a good thing, to end on a high note. It has been on for eight years now after all. There's only so many times Jack Bauer can realistically save the day and we probably passed that point in season one!

House
House was a show I came to late. It was one of those I'd heard about and meant to try but never quite got around to. They were mid season five before I started watching it. I'm all caught up now and still enjoying it. Hugh Laurie is simply brilliant as Dr. House and the rest of the cast support him well.

Castle
This is a great murder mystery series which is not usually something I watch much. I think the biggest reason this works is Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle. He keeps it fun and interesting. It's great that he's finally managed to land a series which lasted more than one season.

Glee
If you'd told me a year ago that one of my favorite new series of the year would be about a high school glee club I would have probably just laughed. However the musical comedy angle seems to work really well and you can't help but want New Directions to win! Now Joss Whedon is lined up to direct an episode too which should be interesting.

Bones
I admit the only reason I started watched this when it began was to see if David Boreanaz could work as anyone other than Angel. It turns out that he could and I'm still enjoying the show five years later. Who would have thought crime fighting and forensic anthropology would go together so well.

Lost
Finally the big one, Lost. Now in it's final season and getting very close to the end, yet we still don't know what's going on with the island! I still enjoy all the mystery but I do hope we get a satisfying ending that makes at least some sense.

There's also some others, Doctor Who of course, V, Caprica, Flash Forward, Fringe and some I've been meaning to watch but haven't yet such as Spartacus: Blood and Sand. I'll save those for another time.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I haven't seen any of those (apart from Doctor Who of course) but I know someone else who's wondering if Lost is going to have a satisfying ending.
    That person seems to watch more cookery shows than you do, too.

    ReplyDelete