Monday, March 7, 2011

The Guild

Even though it's a different format this comic still feels a lot like the series. I suppose it helps that Felicia Day wrote them both. What we have here is a compilation of three comics which tell the story of how the Knights of Good originally met and joined together. The biggest difference from the series is that the comic get to spend a lot of time actually inside the game they play. We get to see some of the world directly rather than it all being inferred by reaction like in the series. It's a great little story which takes place mostly from Cyd/Codex's point of view. I see they're doing other books for the other characters, but last I looked there were no TPBs for those yet. The only slight problem I could see if that it would only work a prequel not as an introduction. I don't think it would work as well if you've not seen the series. So watch that first if you're new to The Guild. Of course if you don't play online game then neither would probably make much sense, but I guess most people reading this at least have some idea. Now I just have to wait for season five of the show to air.

No comments:

Post a Comment