Thursday, March 10, 2011

First Impressions: Dragon Age 2

Or at least it should be. Ever since I started this blog I've done posts titled "First Impressions" when ever I started a new game, the idea being that you could search for that phrase to bring them all up if you wanted. The are two reasons why I'm not going to do this for Dragon Age 2. The first reason is simply that most of what I would say about it has already been covered in my post about the demo from two weeks ago. The second reason is the fact that I've not started playing yet. I ordered the retail disk copy rather than getting it on Steam and it was delivered this morning. Unfortunatly the publishers seem to have copied Steam and introduced a time lock authentication system meaning it can't be played before the release date. So I have to wait until midnight. It appears that publishers simply don't trust PC games to not be pirates anymore, it has got to a guilty until proven innocent situation. If I'd bought the XBox or PS3 version I'd have been playing by now. I've got an original disk and a CD key both which I've already linked to my EA online account and validated but still I have to wait to play. I don't understand what the point is! Who is this helping? What is it stopping? The game has only been out in the US since Monday and there's already a pirate copy available online, as there usually is on day one. The only thing these checks are doing is frustrating their actual paying customers. Well at least there's only an hour and a half left now and there's the little Dragon Age: Legends Facebook game to pass the time with.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, the meanies. As you say, what on earth is the point!
    But by now you will have been playing, I hope it was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete