Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rhythms of the Beast

A new release (on DVD at least) is this drum clinic video from Nicko McBrain. Nicko is an outstanding drummer. Any time I've attempted to play anything by Iron Maiden, either for real or in Rock Band, I've failed miserably. Of course at my level I shouldn't really expect to be able to, LOL. Nicko though as I'm sure most fans will know has a bit of a crazy personality. That means that he's not really suited to present anything that's slightly serious. So while the video is fun to watch it's not really all that informative. Still great to see some shots of him in action without interruption from the guitar and bass type people! Also the bad nineties fashion in the audience is a laugh. It's only available direct from the Iron Maiden shop and while looking for a copy of the cover for this post I've just noticed that it's limited to 3000 copies. I'm glad I didn't wait to buy it now.

1 comment:

  1. Very good, you will get there one day I am sure, you a very fine drummer IMHO
    BTW I did not like to say the other day, but I was not sure what WTYD was for Annihilator, but while I was listening to my MP3 player on Shuffle this evening, guess what, along came 'Welcome to your Death', and I thought, Oh, right!!

    ReplyDelete