Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gremlins

It's probably unavoidable considering the amount of computers I deal with every day but it feels like recently I've been dealing with a lot more glitches. There are five machines here locally and another fifteen or so online. I guess some of them must just be getting old. There is nothing major wrong with any of them, nothing serious enough to consider replacement. Just a lot more odd occurrences leaving me wondering 'Why did that happen?'. Now there is always that nagging feeling in the back of my head wondering if all my servers are OK. Then when you find there is something wrong or one needs a reboot for example it's a distraction from the real work you're actually trying to do. I think I need to figure out how to move my business up a level so I could afford a minion of some description. Though I don't know if I'd be any good as a boss. I don't listen to me so why would anyone else!

1 comment:

  1. Glitches are bad enough in themselves, but even worse when they stop you getting on with your real work. You do seem to have had a lot recently, and those are just the ones you have mentioned.
    Let's hope you've seen the back of them for a bit.

    ReplyDelete