Monday, October 4, 2010

Moments of Gaming (September 2010)

It's not really surprising considering the amount of footage I recorded but this month's Moments of Gaming has become my longest video so far. The length is of course mostly affected by the music tracks I pick but I knew I'd have a lot to fit in this time so I aimed for 10 minutes rather than 6 as I've done in the past. Once the two tracks were joined and the credits and title cards were added it's come in at just under 11 minutes. I'm glad You Tube recently upped their time limit for videos from 10 minutes to 15! Notably missing this month is any footage from Civilization 5 but as I mentioned I filled my recording drive and that was before Civ 5 had been released. Though even before that I was thinking about keeping to a strict BioWare theme anyway. There will be plenty of time for more Civilization in the future. So this month there are four games (and additional DLC) all from BioWare including Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age: Origins and Jade Empire. View the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxl_Q3lWnlk

3 comments:

  1. I liked reading about the zombies and Iron Angel (which sounds like a metal band) but did not have any good comments to make on these. New MOG is different, except that the first thing to say is just 'wow'. What strikes me first is the cleverness of the player, to make all these battles and things happen so efectively in the first place. After that, I get amazed by the cleverness of the editing and the way it's put together with the music.
    It all looks so professional, and I like the way it flows, with themes from one game then coming into the next clip from another game. I thought this one had lots of pace, it really kept moving, so that I could hardly believe I'd been watching for ten minutes. The shots of different people running all added to that. Was that Morrigan the dog? And was the guy with the beard your Mage character? I liked him, he looks like you.
    Thanks, that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I found when Googling for a copy of the cover image Iron Angel IS the name of a band!

    Glad you liked the video, I wasn't sure how well it would work for someone who'd not played the games themselves.

    Now for Dragon Age you seem to have remembered some things I've mentioned before but got the details a little wrong :D

    Morrigan and the Dog (called Bob in this case) are two separate entities!

    The guy with a beard is not a mage. My mage had a lesbian relationship with Leliana, SHE did not have a beard!

    Bearded guy is Marcus the Warrior, the fact that he has a small resemblance to me is not an accident. You can view his details here if you like: http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.php?char_id=2124401&display=character&nid=2263140811&game=dragonage1_pc&persona_id=215150821

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have to try Iron Angel, see if they are any good! I see I have got well mixed up with Dragon Age things, but thank you for explaining!
    I liked Marcus' page, he is very impressive, he has done a lot! I will remember his name now - I hope!

    ReplyDelete