Saturday, October 9, 2010

Completed: GTA Chinatown Wars

I don't play on my DS anywhere near as much as I do my PC so I've been playing Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on and off for quite a long time. However this afternoon I finally finished the game. Way back in 1997 I enjoyed the original GTA and played it quite a lot, but as the series moved forward into 3D environments it lost some of its appeal to me. I could never quite get on with it and so I've played very little of GTA3 and 4. When GTA: Chinatown was released with the old style top-down game play I was immediately interested. I didn't have a DS at the time, but when I finally did get one the game was at the top of my list. The game is not the hardest or most complicated ever but it is a lot of fun. After 13 years of practice Rockstar Games know how to make a GTA game. There's loads to do other than the main plot, there are side missions, random encounters & drug dealing do get on with or of course running over pedestrians which is always a big part of GTA games! If you're younger than me and started play GTA with GTA3 on Xbox you probably won't enjoy this as much but if you're after a bit of fun a nostalgia you should give it a try. Now I'm going to need a new long term DS game to play, currently I'm thinking one of the Zelda games.

No comments:

Post a Comment