Thursday, October 14, 2010

Finding the Joy

My quest to rekindle the joy of programming by doing something completely non-work related continues. I found a little time this evening to do some more on my HTML5 Canvas project. There's not a lot to show for it yet but I do have the beginnings of a generic renderer framework. Most of the problems I've been having are related to my lack of recent javascript experience, the capabilities are all there I just have to remember how to use them. I should have a sprite and animation system going fairly soon I think at which point I'll have to start thinking about what sort of game I should create first. I'll keep it simple to start with. I think one of the reasons I never finished Hit 2 was that I tried to do too much all at once. Time to put my thinking cap on.

1 comment:

  1. You lost me at the generic renderer framework, lol, but I approve of the sprite. You can never have too many sprites!

    ReplyDelete