Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

It's the big news today and it's hard to avoid really. Weddings are not something I'd generally be interested in and it being a royal one doesn't make a lot of difference. However I did watch quite a lot of it. Unless you're a complete stick-in-the-mud anti-royalist (which I'm not) then it's something people are going to presume you've seen. So now I can say I was amused that The Queen had an old lady car blanket on the way to the service and of course that the ring almost didn't fit. That's about it for me, I saw it but wasn't particularly overwhelmed. I have to say that around here there didn't seem to be much in the way of celebrations, no flags or anything, it seemed like a fairly normal day.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's history in the making, isn't it? Not often we get chance to be a part of something that practically the whole country feels involved with. Though naturally, the more interested in weddings you are to start with, the more you will get out of it! But that's one of the many reasons for having a Royal Family - occasions like this bring the whole country together in a shared experience. There's nothing special about them as individuals, it's more like because they are a family and not a president, they belong to all of us and so they are a unifying factor.

    ReplyDelete