Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First Impressions: Gratuitous Space Battles

This is another game that doesn't require a huge time investment to play. It's been out for a while and I've owned ti for quite a long time too, but I've never played it until this week when I was in the mood for something new. I've never actually known a lot lot about it. I think I just bought it for cheap in one of the Steam sales simply because of the name. For the reason this biggest surprise of the game for me was the fact that you don't directly control any of the space battles. All you do is watch them. The game is to construct different types of ships, form fleets & refine tactics then watch how they fare. Now I'll admit that's probably not going to sit well with everybody and I expect that this will only appeal to a small percentage of people. That will be why it is only an independent Steam game. However I'm the sort of person it does appeal to and it is also done really well. It's the perfect game for when you don't want to be rushed or have to be 100% focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment