Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day of the Moon

I have to say, I'm not convinced. Last week's episode of Doctor Who was great, but this week was a little disappointing. There are a few reasons for that and I think the main one is that too many questions were left unanswered and I don't really get what the Silence's objective is. I guess we're not supposed to know yet. However if they've been around for so long you'd think that The Doctor would have encountered them before, although I suspect there's a timey whimey excuse for that. Then there's the maybe / maybe not pregnancy which just hasn't grabbed me as a storyline. If it's real and Rory's then they could end up leaving to look after it. Which would be sad as Amy is still my favorite of the modern companions. Then there's River Song who I'm afraid I've never liked since she was first introduced. Something about her just bugs me and the idea that The Doctor could fall for her just seems wrong. I've not got a problem with The Doctor hooking up with someone, he's got a grand daughter after all so it must have happened before. I just don't want it to be River. Still I'm not going to quit over one less than stellar episode. I'm still enjoying Matt Smith's portrayal of The Doctor and the show is still far better than most of the other rubbish on TV even when it's not perfect.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with this 100%, in fact I am very glad you posted this, so I know it's not just me that felt like that. Not giving up on it, but no, this was not a great ep at all, for all the reasons you said. Far too many plot threads, not all tied up and those that were, not very convincingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen this?

    http://plixi.com/p/96992321

    ReplyDelete