Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mass Effect Extras

There were two pieces of minor Mass Effect news this week, neither of which were really big enough for a dedicated post but I can now put them together to fill in a gap when I've got nothing else to talk about. The first piece of news its the announcement of a forth installment in the book series to be titled Mass Effect: Deception. I'm sure I'll end up reading this but I'm less excited about it than the other three as the writing duties have switched to a new author, someone I've not heard of or read before. As Drew Karpyshyn is busy working on Star Wars: The Old Republic the new Mass Effect book it being written by William C. Dietz. For now I'll keep an open mind.

The second piece of news is the announcement of an anime feature set in the Mass Effect universe. When it was announced that this was happening to Dragon Age I was skeptical, now the same company has picked up Mass Effect I'm equally skeptical. I guess if the story is good enough it will work. I just worry as the Internet tells me that FUNimation don't have the best reputation for animation quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment