Monday, April 25, 2011

Battle: LA

I'll admit I've not really read any other reviews of this film but I'd suspect I'm not the first person to describe it like I'm about to. This film is basically the love child of Independence Day and Black Hawk Down. It's takes all the major beats from both films and mixes them together and the end result is actually quite good. Of course it probably helps that I'm already a big fan of both those films. Battle: LA isn't a film that is going to make you sit and think for hours afterwards but it does still offer plenty of entertainment. The plot is fairly simple. Aliens invade the planet and we follow a US military unit as they struggle to defend Los Angeles. There is plenty of action and explosions, speeches and sacrifice. Sometimes that's all you need. Due to the way they've formatted the title I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Battle: Washington or Battle: London one day. Nothing has been announced that I'm aware of, but I would watch them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! As you say, if it's like those two very good films, then it would be well worth watching. It sounds quite original that the audience can follow the people actually doing the fighting back.

    ReplyDelete