Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Planetfall

A brand new feature was added to Eve Online today, Planetary Interaction. As part of the latest expansion the ability to extract resources, from the thousands of otherwise decorative planets, has been added. I've been training the new skills necessary in preparation and had chosen which star system I was going to work in so I was ready when the options were enabled after today's downtime. I now have mineral extraction operations on four planets in a quiet corner of Gallente space. The interface isn't the greatest ever you can do what you need to and the whole of the Eve interface is a little weird so that's nothing new. It's not terribly exciting, placing control centres, extractors and space ports but it's a perfect little addition for someone like me who can easily log on once or twice every day but not always for very long. Just time to manage my planets and then move on to something else.

1 comment:

  1. That's nice, it doesn't sound as if there are enough games that you can just dip into, they all sound as if they take massive amounts of time, but Eve is different there, and that's good.

    ReplyDelete