Sunday, June 6, 2010

The E3 Hype Begins

It's now only 7 days until E3 and the hype is starting. Yesterday saw the release of a bunch a new teaser trailers for some of the games which will be showcased. Unfortunately most of them so far are sequels to shooters for which I've not played the original version. I don't mind the odd shooter but it's not my favorite type of game so for me this isn't the most exciting start.

Here's a quick look at what's been released so far, links go the the trailers. First there's Killzone 3 and Vanquish, both are fairly generic looking shooters which don't really interest me, plus neither will be released on PC so not much use to me. Then there's Red Faction Armageddon which looks a little interesting but aliens on Mars is a bit Doom 3-esque.

Crysis 2 and F.3.A.R. look like they could be good but they're both sequels which I'm not up to date with. I never got around to playing the originals as I didn't have a powerful enough PC at the time and now I do have a new PC there's too many new games to play before I can catch up with older stuff.

I've always liked Transformers and Transformers: War for Cybertron looks sort of interesting, although I don't know a lot about it, I'm not even sure what kind of game it is.

The best of the bunch so far seems to be Deus Ex: Human Revolution but again it's a sequel and I've still not played the first two games. I do have them on Steam now but I just need to find the time to play them.

No comments:

Post a Comment