Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nintendo 3DS

The new Nintendo 3DS sounds like quite a feat of engineering, a 3D screen that works without the need for 3D glasses is a pretty cool concept. I've heard of other 3D concepts that don't require glasses but this is the first that seems to actually be going into production. All the write ups make it sound really good but you can never really know for sure until you see it for yourself as it's not an effect you'll be able to see on video. However I do wonder what exactly it will bring to the games. I'm not sure if it can ever be more than a gimmick, it will either be that or inconsequential. I do own a DSi which I do play fairly regularly but usually only short bursts of Mario Kart or Tetris. I don't think that I play enough for it to be worth me getting a 3DS, not right away anyway. Perhaps when the second generation arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment