Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Khet

This is a very interesting board game. It's a few years old now but a friend of mine recently bought a copy and we played quite a few games yesterday evening. It can only be described as Egyptian themed laser chess. You move your pieces around the board, some of which have mirrors on, in an attempt to direct a laser beam into your opponents pharaoh piece. I expected to lose a lot as I was never very good at chess but for some reason it turned out I was rather good at it, which makes a change! There are expansions to the basic game involving multiple levels and beam splitters which sound fun but complicated. I've not played those yet but I imagine that will need a lot more thought for each move. Find out more about Khet here.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds well good, congratulations at being good at it, you must have good visualisation of angles and things. Sounds like a good game to add to my collection, that.

    ReplyDelete