Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jumpgate Evolution

One last trailer to talk about before E3 starts tomorrow. This time it's for Jumpgate Evolution. I've only been following this game because it's been touted as possible competition to Eve Online. However the more I see about the game the less I believe it. At face value it may look similar, particularly to people who have not played Eve. You tend to just see two online spaceship games. However Eve has been live and evolving for something like six years now (and I've been playing for nearly two) but Jumpgate is still not out and keeps getting delayed, that's not a good sign. Jumpgate seems to be much more combat oriented where as Eve prefers to think of itself as an online sci-fi simulator complete will an almost fully player driven economy. There's plenty to do in Eve without ever firing a weapon if you wanted, I bet that's not the case with Jumpgate. I'm in no rush to switch so it looks to me like Eve is safe.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, good for 'Eve', a game where there is plenty to do without shooting things sounds good to me.
    I think I would just polish all those nice shiny spaceships.

    ReplyDelete