Friday, March 16, 2012

A Digital Marvel

As you may remember I have been slowly working my way through the old X-Men comics from Marvel. Considering how many there are that is quite a task and I've not read very many so far. I'm up to date on the Astonishing X-Men series and have been delving into the history of that series which is X-Men Legacy. There are two problems with this. The first is that some of the older trade paperbacks are not readily available and I'm not really interested in collecting the single issues. The other problem is that I've only got limited space to store the books and that's already running low. However today I learned that Marvel have been working on a project to officially digitise their entire archive. They're scanning all the comics and putting them online. For a mere £35 per year you can have access to that archive which contains over 10,000 comics and keeps growing. Not just X-Men but their entire range of course, including Avengers, Spiderman, Thor & Iron Man. I am now a member! I'm now reading the 2004 Rogue series as she's always been my favourite but the series is out of print and there are not many reasonably priced copies on the marketplace. You can find out more here: http://marvel.com/digital_comics/.

No comments:

Post a Comment