Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Doctor and Miss Pond

We're past half way through the first series with the eleventh Doctor now and I'm still enjoying it. Matt Smith is doing a great job as The Doctor and Steven Moffat is handling the producer role well too. However I think my favorite change this year has been the companions. I'm really liking Amy and even Rory. It took me longer to get to like Rory but after this weeks episode (The Hungry Earth) I'm happy for him to stick around. As for Amy she's become my favorite companion of the modern series. Including the classic series as well that spot might have to go to Ace but it's close. One other random thing I realised, this is the first time the actor playing The Doctor has been younger than me!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about Rory, he came to life in The Hungry Earth, didn't he? I can see why you would like Amy but I just don't find her very believable compared to Rose and Donna. I really didn't like 'Amy's Choice' where so much time was wasted on relationship stuff that could have been spent spotting clues and working out the mystery of which was reality.
    I don't remember a companion called Ace. Crumbs, a Willow in Buffy, and now an Ace in Doctor Who?
    There's only one Ace...
    :)
    PS Hope you enjoy the end of Lost!

    ReplyDelete