Thursday, May 6, 2010

Darkspawn Chronicles

Just announced yesterday, Darkspawn Chronicles is new DLC for Dragon Age: Origins. As a general rule I'm interested in alternate universes and alternate histories however I'm not sure how much playing a Dragon Age story as a Darkspawn ogre really appeals to me. It's probably due to the fact that they're the enemy and after spending lots of time to defeat the Archdemon it feels a bit odd to be working for it. BioWare admit to this being experimental and I'll probably still give it a go. I expect it will actually be fun in the end even if it's not that deep. However I think if they do anymore additions before Dragon Age II I'd prefer them to do more with the original timeline/storyline before exploring more alternates.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if players like you invest quite a bit of emotional capital (temporarily) in the characters you play, so it's never going to feel the same playing the bad guy, is it?
    You must have so many alternative histories and back stories in your head. However do you remember them all?

    ReplyDelete