Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Deathly Hallows

I suppose I had never really given it a whole lot of thought but I had always presumed that the Deathly Hallows was a place. I guess either way they would have still spent the entire book searching for it/them. I have heard people say that the film Deathly Hallows Part 1 was very slow and that not a lot happened. After reading the book I can understand why. It surprised my how very little seemed to be happening as Harry and company moved from forest to forest not really knowing what they should do and months passed. Then once they did figure things out everything suddenly became rushed. Slightly uneven I thought. I can imagine I might have been a little disappointed if I'd been waiting since the Half-Blood Prince to read it but as a whole read altogether it was a satisfying ending and left me wanting more. Of course I suppose you do have to end these things on a high where possible but know I and many other would like more. I wonder what Rowling is actually working on now. I find it hard to believe a writer would ever stop writing simply because they'd made huge amounts of money but it's got to be a hard act to follow.

1 comment:

  1. That is very interesting, because before reading this book, I had thought the Deathly Hallows would be a time, a time of ill-luck perhaps, or a time under a curse, or a time when magic wouldn't work. I was very surprised to find they were objects.
    As always, your comments are perceptive, and fair points.
    And yes, that would be very interesting to know what J K Rowling is writing now!

    ReplyDelete