Monday, October 3, 2011

Castle

I wasn't sure what to write about today so I started thinking about the new TV season and what I haven't talked about yet. Fringe is the only one I've given a whole post to so far so today let me briefly mention my other most anticipated returning series, Castle. Aside from the slowing growing relationship between Castle and Beckett very little has changed in this series. Each week there is a new murder to solve and each week it's a fun adventure to get there. Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic continue to be excellent leads, of course I'll probably watch anything Fillion is in until the end of time. I hope the ratings stay consistent and we get plenty more years of this. It's always going to have a niche appeal but making it to season four is a very good sign. I wonder why it doesn't get much promotion here in the UK. In the US it's a fairly large ABC production, but here it's only shown on the Alibi and Five channels, hardly high profile. Also they're two years behind and we've still not had any region 2 DVD releases. So you'll have to excuse my timeshifting of the latest episodes. In a spoiler-full Internet, where I can even follow Fillion and Katic on Twitter, there's just no way I'm waiting that long to see new episodes. Side note I must pick up the new Nikki Heat book at some point soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment