Saturday, January 14, 2012

J-Scribble

That's the nickname for John Green's signature, a copy of which I now have. After some ordering confusion (I switched my order from Amazon.com to Amazon.co.uk) my copy of John Green's new book The Fault In Our Stars arrived in the post this morning. I did have a look for it in the shops a few days ago, as John did ask those of us who watch his videos to "support your local bookstore". The problem is due to disagreements over digital publishing rights, John doesn't have a UK publisher for the book and so in the UK we have to import the US version. That's why online ordering was more complicated than usual and why it was so slow to be delivered. It also seems, in Sheffield at least, that no bookshops have any copies either, although there were apparently supposed to be. I've got my copy at least, but it seems a shame that anyone who isn't already a fan of his isn't going to hear about it. I've yet to start it but people are already calling it his best yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment