Friday, January 6, 2012

Magic Scores

It has been a while since I last played Magic The Gathering. With the real cards that is, I've still played the computer version. However next week I might be playing some more and that gave me an idea. In the game each player has a number of life points and of course to win to need to get your opposing players down to zero before you do. Traditionally these points are recorded on a piece of paper, but I figured a digital version would be much better. If you have a laptop, tablet or other screen near the playing area is could display the scores nicely for everybody to see. I had a look online for what what available but was surprized that there were not a lot of options. There was a smartphone app, which is probably good for a personal score in a tournament but wasn't the large overview I was looking for. Everything else I found seems to require you to download a program. All I wanted was a simple online scoreboard. So I wrote one. It will track scores for 2 to 4 players and even has some Planeswalker backgrounds you can choose to represent your deck. If that sounds like something you could use then you can find it here: http://www.slayweb.com/magic/

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's good. This is not something that I could use but I am impressed, you are very clever.
    I hope you have a good game when you get chance to play.

    ReplyDelete