Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Impressions: Sequence

The Steam holiday sale is now over and as usual it has brought various new games to my attention at ridiculously reduced prices. Today I'm going to talk about one called Sequence.

If you'd tried to explain this to me without video evidence I don't think I would have believed you. I would never have dreamt that it would be possible to combine an RPG with a rhythm game and have the result not only be fun, but good fun!

The rhythm game is the combat mechanic, requiring you to hit key in time with the music in order to cast offensive and defensive spell while battling various creatures in a magical tower. It's not the kind of game where you directly control your character like Skyrim or Dragon Age but is more like an interactive story with various events that occur once you have completed enough battles and collected the necessary parts. The story is well written though and the voice acting is top quality and so far it has been very enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. You find some good things in that Steam sale, don't you? This one sounds great fun, and very original!

    ReplyDelete