Monday, April 16, 2012

Pottermore

If you don't remember, Pottermore is an interactive Harry Potter website which was first trialled last year if I remember correctly. At that time sign ups were limited while they were still testing and there were big fights to get in. I hadn't read the books or seen the films then so I wasn't really all that bothered. Although I did register interest as it was going to be where the first ebook version were going to be available. I never got in and I never really gave it anymore thought. Also as you probably remember I finally bought and read the print versions of the books at the end of last year. It's still being called a beta version but the site has recently been relaunched and sign ups are now open to everyone, so I signed up. For the most part the site is fancy flash artwork depicting major moments from the stories with various interactive parts linking you to background information and notes from J.K. Rowling. So for the most part it follows Harry's story however when it comes to certain moments you can take a test and see the outcome for yourself. The first of which is at Olivander's where you answer a few questions and see what wand chooses you. I now have a 13" quite flexible pear wand with a dragon core.

1 comment:

  1. D'you know, back in the late 90s, I was a member of what I think was the first Harry Potter forum online. There were a few dozen members...
    Its online presence has grown a bit since then!
    Pottermore sounds good fun. I like your wand - I wonder what the pear and dragon heart signify?
    Kindness and courage, maybe.

    ReplyDelete