Friday, April 20, 2012

Cabin in the Woods

Fans of Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard like me have been waiting a long time to see this film. Originally filmed in 2009 but then held back due to the financial troubles at MGM it was finally released last week. I went to see it earlier this evening. All I really have to say at the moment is that it was awesome and one of the best films I have seen in a long time. I enjoyed every moment and had a great time. Due to the delayed release we get to see a Chris Hemsworth before he was famous and he was great. Fran Kranz was excellent as well, as was everyone else really. Horror/Comedy is of course not going to be to everyone's tastes but those who do like this sort of thing need to see this film as soon as possible. There's not a lot I can say about the story without spoiling things and this is definitely the kind of film which is best experienced without knowing much about it. But it takes what you think you know about horror films and does something different.

1 comment:

  1. This film got a rave review in the Telegraph, and while I was shuddering and going, 'not for me', of course I was also thinking, I know who is going to like it! I am so glad that you did.

    ReplyDelete