Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Retreat

I read Buffy season eight volume six last night and I must say it was a huge improvement on the last one. A major reason for that is probably Jane Espenson, the writer of the five issues in this volume. She's been a key part of Joss Whedon's team for a long time spending time as story editor and producer on Buffy as well as writing for Angel and Firefly. She wrote some great things for the TV series (Band Candy, Doomed & Storyteller come to mind) and she continues to work on series I like having worked on Battlestar Galactica and now as executive producer on Caprica. I looked her up on IMDb and I see she even wrote an episode of Deep Space Nine which I wasn't aware of. So with all that it's no wonder that this is a great installment in the comic series. This is the big beat down and defeat before our heroes can fight back. Teleporting submarines, werewolves verses tanks, Dawn and Xander!, giant demon genie things and an appearance from Oz. It's all awesome stuff. The only problem now is volume seven isn't out yet and doesn't even have a release date yet. There is one thing that reading these comics has made me decide and that is it's time for another watch through of the TV series, it's a been a couple of years since I last went through them.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, by the time you have watched them all again, you will need to re-read all the books, and by then perhaps volume 7 will be out - hope so!

    ReplyDelete