Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hitchhiker's Guide

I've been thinking about it but at the moment I cannot recall another example. The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is the only book which has been made in to a film, where I've read the book after seeing the film. This gives the book a different feel. Of course Hitchhiker's Guide has has many different versions from film to TV series and radio shows. It's the nineties BBC TV series which first introduced me and is the version I know the best. As I read the book it was those actors I saw in my head. The thing is the series doesn't vary much from the book at all. So reading the book now it felt like a novelization of the series to me rather than the other way around. There area few extra details in the book but now very many and mostly only minor. In the book we get to know a bit more about Zaphod Beeblebrox where the TV & Film versions focus more on Arthur Dent. Still it's kind of fitting that I should finish this on the tenth anniversary of Douglas Adams' death, but that was entirely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment