Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Delivery Issues

Parcel Force made 'The List' today. As has happened many times before a delivery driver failed to find my address correctly so I had problems receiving a parcel. I can't decide if the drivers are relying on technology too much or not enough. When you enter my postcode into a GPS device (or Google maps as well) the location it gives you is slightly off which sends drivers who don't know the area to the block of flats across the road from me rather than to mine. Obviously the normal daily postman understands, as do many of the drivers I've met from other couriers such as City Link, UPS or HDL. A few times City Link have gone to the wrong place but I simply had to call them and explain. At which point they apologized and sent the driver back. However Parcel Force simply dumped it at a Post Office and left it at that. If I hadn't been watching the web tracking I'd never have known. When I called them their phone system was extremely frustrating and it took ages before I could actually speak to a real person. When I did get though they were unhelpful and tried to get rid of me as quickly as possible. The operator said she'd transfer me to the local Rotherham depot to make a complaint and proceeded to do so without even waiting for my response. I ended up back at the beginning of the button pushing system I'd just been through three times. It was at that point I hung up in anger and uttered the phrase, "All right, Parcel Force, you just made the list!", there's a Simpsons quote for everything!

The Post Office they'd left it at wasn't even the closest one to me and required a short bus journey, but I did eventually get my copy of Starcraft II. Click here if you want to see some un-boxing photos. I have to say it's probably the nicest special edition game I own. I've not had chance to play it yet, that will come later. I have been listening to the soundtrack CD while I've been working but it wasn't all that brilliant. There were some interesting parts but nothing amazing. However that's not what this game is all about and I have no doubt the actual game will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment