Saturday, March 24, 2012

Redemption

So while Marvel may be pushing digital comics a lot these days that's not true of everyone. I'm still patiently waiting for the new Buffy and Angel series' from Dark Horse to arrive and it's not too long now. I'll be buying real copies of those once they're out. However in the mean time I picked up a couple of one offs, also from Dark Horse. Two volumes each containing 4 issues and not an ongoing series, so no need to worry about keeping up and rapidly running out shelf space. It's a universe that's been on my mind a lot recently as you may have noticed from the picture, Mass Effect.

The first volume is called Redemption and takes place in between the games Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2. Well I suppose technically it takes please between the prologue to Mass Effect 2 and the rest of the game. I read the first issue some time ago as a special mini version came with the collector's edition of the game and while it was interesting it didn't inspire me to immediately go out and buy the rest. At the time I was far more interested in playing the game but now it felt like time to catch up on some things. The problem is most of this story was explained (although not shown) during the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC as that served as an epilogue to the story here of how Liara retrieved Shepard's body for Cerberus. So for that reason there were not many surprises here. Still it was nice to see and the artwork was excellent, great care had been taken there. I'm glad I read it, but really it's only for the die-hard Mass Effect fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment